We live in unprecedented times. 2020 has been a life-altering year. I think we can all agree on that.
Covid-19 has changed every aspect of our lives. The way we eat, work, exercise, and socialize. Additionally, Covid-19's aftermath will probably last for a couple of years to come.
With cases continuously on the rise, it becomes more critical for everyone to come together during these tough times to slow down the spread.
At the time of writing this article, the number of total cases in the U.S. alone is a staggering 8,316,027. Approximately 60,598 of those cases arose within the past 24 hours!
What Can/Should We Do?!
We actually have more control over the current situation than we may think. Per the CDC recommendations, individuals should do the following:
- Wear a mask. Wearing a mask helps protect people around you and minimizes the chance of spreading the virus. As illustrated in the picture above, masks should cover the entire nose, mouth, and be tight enough to allow for proper air filtering.
- Wash your hands with soap. Washing your hands with soap and hot water for 20 seconds will most likely kill all germs on your hands. Make sure you do so before eating, before/after touching any public properties, and, ideally, every hour (or less). - Use a hand sanitizer. Combine this with the previous point for ultra cleanliness. Hand sanitizers contain alcohol which can effectively eliminate germs, bacteria, and viruses. Using a hand sanitizer between hand washing is recommended.
- Practice social distancing. Keep 6 feet away between you and anyone around you.
- Stay home if sick! Don't feel well? Stay home. Don't jeopardize your health or others' if you're not feeling well. This leads us to the next point.
- Get tested! We cannot emphasize this enough. Getting tested is critical to know whether you carry the virus or not. This will help you decide when to self-quarantine and get medical help (you should always get medical help if you don't feel well). As a reputable lab, we have an important role as well. Our job is to help keep the community safe by providing fast and accurate covid-19 testing results. That's why we now offer:
- Same-day covid testing
- Results within 24 hours.
- All insurance accepted
- No waiting time
- No prescription required
Interested in getting tested?
Book your appointment today: https://bit.ly/2Ta1YQe
OR give us a call: 557 Cranbury Road, Suite 2
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
32 HINE STREET, SUITE 211
PATERSON, NJ 07503
JERSEY CITY, NJ 07305
We look forward to helping you. Be well.
Disclaimer: this article is not a substitute for medical advice. Please consult with your doctor before applying any of the information on this website.